Friday, February 22, 2008

I’m off to the second Capital of the Old Dominion!

I wanted to let everyone know that I am moving to Richmond this spring.
No, I don’t have a job yet (although I do have some prospects).
No, I don’t have an apartment yet (again with the prospects).

What in the hell are you going to do in Richmond, you might ask (and knowing all of you, that’s what you’d ask). Well, for the spring and summer I’m going to be working, hanging out around town, figuring out where stuff is, taking weekend trips Buckingham and Charlottesville and getting ready to go back to school. School?! Yes, school.

I will be attending J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College. J. Sarge has a Paralegal Studies Program that I want to attend. At the end of the program I will be the proud holder of an Associates Degree. The program has been approved by the American Bar Association. In fact, it was the first program in the Commonwealth to be approved.

My current boss has asked that I stay on until April and I have agreed to do so.

So that’s that for now.

Questions, comments, well wishes and any insight into The Fan and Downtown area of Richmond are welcome.

No comments: