Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010 and I don't have a Rosie yet?

So we've reached 2010 and life isn't like The Jetsons. I'm kind of disappointed. I was looking forward to having a Rosie. You know? Anyway, I was going to post a year in review thing but then I thought 1) I don't really feel like doing that, it'd be March by the time I finished it, and 2) I've never done one before, why start now? But! But, RVANews did this here so I figured that would be my compromise. I would do their handy, dandy little list (oh how I love lists...) and we could all move on. So here we go...

First, let’s talk about 2009…

What was your biggest achievement?

Paying my car off. Seriously.

What was your biggest failure?

I had to have my gallbladder taken out in February so I guess I failed at taking care of it.

What was the best book you read?

East of the Sun by Julia Gregson

What was your best purchase?

My vacuum cleaner. I love that damn thing. I hate, hate, hate to vacuum but with my new machine, I don't mind so much.

What song will always remind you of 2009?

Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon

What was your favorite movie of 2009?

It's a tie between The Hangover and Zombieland.

What was your favorite TV show?

How I Met Your Mother. Let me explain. I never really watched it before. An episode here or there, never really got into it. And then I did and it happened in 2009 and so that's my answer.

Who impressed you the most?

This one is a tie between Dan, who stepped up and had the guts to say something I might not have been able to, and me, because I went way, way out of my comfort zone this past year.

Who pissed you off the most?

Again with the me answer. 'Tis true, though. Before I impressed myself, I pissed myself off because I wasn't giving something a try.

Choose one word to describe 2009.

Unplanned.


Now looking forward…


What do you hope to do more of this year?

Expand my comfort zone more. Also, knitting.

What do you hope to do less of?

Worry about the what ifs.

Who do you think will be the most talked-about person of 2010?

Tiger Woods.

Who/what is going to make a comeback this year?

Money. You heard it here first.

Who do you want to just go away?

Tiger Woods and H1N1.

What do you think will be the hottest conversation topic nationally?

Money and War and Who To Blame It All On.

What do you think will be the hottest conversation topic locally?

Lack of money to get things done in the city. Flying squirrels. The weather.

What do you hope will happen this year?

All the things I want to happen. But let's not jinx it by talking about it. Ok? Ok.

What do you hope won’t happen this year?

I hope I don't gain back *all* of the weight I lost last year.

Choose one word to describe what you predict (or hope) 2010 will be like.

Happy.














{a picture of me on the first day of the new year}

1 comment:

Homeslice said...

yay for happy upcoming years! i loved this post. and i too also drool over the thought of a rosie.