Monday, November 23, 2009

I'm 50% White (part iii)

Just what you've been waiting for... more whiteness!

#43 plays - Who doesn't like a good play? Or a bad one for that matter.

#44 public radio - It's local. It's people you know (well, could know, if you knew those kind of people) playing music you love. I also love the scheduling of the different kinds of music. Jazz in the evenings, swing on the weekends, classical during the day, a little NPR in between. And it's local. I'm a fan of things that are local.

#48 whole foods and grocery co-ops - This goes with the being a fan of things that are local.

#49 vintage - Recycling at its best.

#50 irony - People that drive their Hummers to grocery co-op are my favorite.

#51 living by the water - I grew up on a peninsula, I've been to the beach more than I can count, vacations are usually at the beach, my dad is a captain on a scallop boat, I am convinced there is salt water in my veins. I would love to live by the sea at some point in my life (not happening anytime soon, I know). The sound of the waves crashing, watching storms roll in, seagulls (oh, how I miss seagulls - there are no seagulls in Richmond, just stupid pigeons), going for walks on the beach and collecting seashells - heaven. This quote made me laugh: "Mountain views are also acceptable, but generally seen as a poor substitute." I suppose mountains have their own allure. Maybe, one day, I'll find out if that is true.

#53 dogs - How could you not like dogs? They are adorable and, unlike cats, they are just as happy to see you as you are to see them.

#54 kitchen gadgets - I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets. I try to control myself and stick to the Alton Brown rule of thumb: if it doesn't do at least three things, it isn't worth space in your kitchen.

No comments: