Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lunchtime Blogging

NOTE: This post is a little more random than usual. Enjoy!


Today is a lunching at my desk kind of day. For lunch I am eating a toasted pb&j, Ruffles and catching up with my Google Reader. I only have 1,000+ unread items to go. Should be a breeze. Or not. I've read all the important and time sensitive stuff (i.e. Perez and Twilight Lexicon) so the rest may just sit there for a bit longer.

Summer is official peace out and it's very sad. There are a couple things about Fall that I'm looking forward to. 1) Scarves. I have a lot of scarves. Like seriously a lot. I probably have more scarves than shoes. 2) ... Ok so maybe there's just the one thing I'm looking forward to.

This morning my bosses had a little breakfast get together to celebrate my birthday. It was actually a joint birthday celebration as my cubemate's birthday is a few days after mine. We had bagels from my favorite Richmond bagel place (Cupertino's), fruit and juice (well everyone else had juice, I had a cuppa). It was lovely and very nice of them.

After work I feel like I have a bunch of running around to do before my weekly get together with the Cakes. I have to go to the fabric store and because I'm such a nerd two different libraries. Then it's off to Westover Hills for knitting and coffee (or a cuppa, if you're me).

The scarf I've been knitting since the beginning of time is almost done. There have been a few dropped stitches along the way, but I just keep on keeping on. It's my first scarf, I'm not going for perfect. When I finally finish it, I'll be sure to post a picture.

Meanwhile, here's a picture of the only sandwich you ever need to know how to make...


(Ignore the peanut butter in this picture, the bestest kind is Peter Pan's Creamy Whipped peanut butter. It's heaven in a little plastic jar.)

No comments: