Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Labor Day Weekend

My five-day Labor Day* weekend was FABULOUS! I had sooo much fun! Let me break it down for you, like a fraction.**

Thursday:

Getting to Jimmy: Woke up early (well early considering I didn't have to be at work), got dressed and all that. Quick trip to Ukrop’s for veggies. Made sandwiches and wraps, finished packing up my assigned items. On the way to meeting point, I stopped at The Sev to get ice. People at The Sev were insane and there was a big thing about food stamps. Finally got out of The Sev and met up with girlfriends (Catherine, Sandy and Michelle). Packed up back of Catherine's Escape (it was a little like playing Tetris). Headed up I-95 around 11:10 a.m. Pretty much smooth sailing up 95 until it wasn't. Got off at Dumfries Rd. and proceeded the rest of the way from there. Sandy was navigating, I was reading Glamour magazine. Stopped at a gas station to get more ice and Sandy got these really tasty watermelon licorice twists. Sandy also made friends with a questionable gentleman in the gas station parking lot.

Party in the parking lot: Arrived at concert venue and parked in VIP parking area (oh yeah!). Set up our borrowed tent and coolers and chairs and made beverages. Proceeded to tailgate like I've never tailgated before (because I've actually never tailgated before). Met a lot of very nice people in Tentville. I'm pretty sure I gave my e-mail address out to some people. They had a very neat cooler, as I recall. Walked across the freaking parking lot to meet up with @WxDan. Poor guy, he put up with a lot and he sooo didn't have to. Had a rainbow cookie and more beverages. Somehow tailgating came to an end and we ventured to the lawn...

The actual concert: AMAZING! That man puts on a good show! Old stuff, new stuff, stuff I'd never heard (because I only have the one album). There was dancing and fins and the yelling of "salt, salt, salt." I loved every freaking minute!

The aftermath: We hung out in the parking lot for a bit and waited for the traffic to clear up. Ate some very tasty wraps and had a Cherry Cola. After much discussion with Catherine's GPS thing, we finally made it to the hotel Sandy scouted out. It was a really nice room and I was so happy to lay down and go to sleep.

Friday: Up early (again!). Breakfast at the hotel. Off to IKEA. IKEA was so cool and I so have to go back. Birthday lunch for Catherine at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Catherine blew the candle out the *second* it was placed in front of her. Back to Richmond. Unloaded the car and napped.

Saturday: Went to the pool with Catherine and Sandy. The water was FREEZZZINNNG but the sun felt lovely. I, for some reason, felt the need to lay on a float in the ice water. The crazy thing is that Sandy actually swam in the ice water. She's like a polar bear or something.

Sunday: Up late (yay!). Met up with Sandy for late lunch/early dinner at Kitchen 64 (their sweet potato fries are out of this world). Scooted over to Micky D's for an ice cream cone. Off to Movieland to see "(500) Days of Summer" (odd little movie, I love Zooey but I really didn't like her character by the end of the movie). Then it was off to Sandy's place over on the other side of the world to borrow the first season of True Blood and drop off extra veggies from the concert wraps. Hung out for a bit, watched some random tv (disturbing stuff, like a 15 year old that weighed like 400 pounds. that's crazy!!). Back home. Watched a couple episodes of True Blood.

Monday: True Blood and napping. Seriously. Up late. Watched some True Blood. Napped. True Blood. Repeat.

*Also, what the hell is Labor Day all about? Apparently it's all about this. Still don't completely understand the point but I get the day off from doing labor and that's all that really matters.

**1,000,000,000 points for anybody that got that.

No comments: