Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A trip to D.C.

In November of 2008, I went to Washington, D.C. to see Marc Broussard at Sixth & I. Yes, I went alone. Yes, that means I drove to D.C. alone. And rode the Metro alone. And walked into a concert all by myself. And then proceeded to enjoy the concert all by myself (with a couple hundred new friends). And my alone time with Marc was fabulous! I had film of the concert, but my MacBook ate it (true story) so now I just have the few pictures I was able to take. You couldn't take flash photography because the synagogue (oh yeah, I said synagogue) is so small that it would blind the people on stage.

So here are two pictures that are decent (note the menorah)



My arty picture



Yep, sat in a synagogue, which means I sat in a pew, so a rocky, bluesy guy from the bayou could sing to me. It was awesome.

The opening act is worth mentioning. His name is Josh Hoge. He's from Nashville (I think) and he's a cutie. He's great live. Very soulful and has a great voice. I bought his album on the way out because I was so impressed with him. His live performance doesn't quite translate in the studio, but there's potential there. He's one to watch, for sure. It also helped that Marc was featured on one of his tracks.

No comments: