Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My First Day Riding the Bus

This morning marked the first day of my bus riding adventure. It was pretty cool. And bonus! I got to work early. That almost never happens. I tweeted, of course, during my first bus ride. Let's review and recap with the help of Twitter.

I left my apartment at 7:35 a.m., walked across Blvd. and up to Robinson. During the walk, I discovered that my mp3 player wasn't working: Jul 01, 07:41 AM taking the bus to work is already off to bad start, my mp3 player isn't working. #grtc.

I arrived at the Robinson/Monument bus stop at 7:45 a.m. and sat in the front area where two things occurred: 1) Jul 01, 07:48 AM why is everyone sitting in the back of the bus? #grtc; and 2) Jul 01, 07:52 AM my legs are just short enough that they don't touch the floor & i can swing them. #grtc.

I requested a stop at the 9th & Broad intersection and got off the bus: Jul 01, 08:01 AM success! walking down 9th now. apparently front seats are for elderly & disabled. #grtc.

Because I got downtown so quickly, I decided a Starbucks coffee was in order. Got my coffee and headed into the office where I was 2 minutes early. Of course I spent my new found time chatting with co-workers and eating a melt away pastry from Westhampton Bakery, but at least I got on the right bus this time*.

*There's a story there and one day, I'll tell you all about it.

-------------------------------------

UPDATE: Had the same bus driver for my return trip! How cute is that?

No comments: